Paneer cutlets are a great snack that is easy to make and the main ingredient in this delicious recipe is Paneer. Paneer is a cream colored unsalted cheese. It is made by curdling hot milk with lemon or lime juice, vinegar, yogurt or citric acid. Paneer is firm so it does not crumble easily. It is common to find paneer in any Indian grocery store. It is sometimes found in Costco and other grocery stores in the cheese section. Thisketo paneer cutlet happens to be keto and low carb diet friendly with 3.5g net carbs per serving.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission.
I have two cooking options for this recipe. Shallow fry on stove top or use an air fryer so you can reduce the amount of oil to lower calories. The video instructions goes over the shallow fry method. The nutritional information includes the oil from the shallow fry method.
Prep the Paneer Cutlets
In a bowl mix 2 tbsp almond flour, 1 egg, 3 oz grated paneer, 3 tbsp finely chopped onions, 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro, 1 tbsp finely chopped green chilies, 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp ginger paste, 1 tsp garlic paste and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix well.
Take 2 spoons of the mix and form into a ball in hand and flatten into a patty shape. The patty should be about 2 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick. Makes about 6 patties. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
Cooking the Paneer Cutlets
There are two options to cook the paneer cutlets. The options are on the stove top or in the air fryer.
Recommended: Cook on low medium flame in 3 tbsp of oil.
Optional: Cook in Air Fryer at 400°F for 15 minutes
- You can use an Air Fryer if you want to reduce the calorie content from the oil. If you use an Air Fryer, cook at 400°F for 15 minutes
Serving: 2-cutlets | Calories: 187.7kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 7.4g | Fat: 15.8g | Saturated Fat: 5.6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 73.3mg | Sodium: 442.7mg | Potassium: 61.8mg | Fiber: 1.5g | Sugar: 0.9g | Vitamin A: 212.6IU | Vitamin C: 1.9mg | Calcium: 154.1mg | Iron: 0.5mg | Net Carbs: 3.5g
- 3 oz paneer - grated
- 3 tbsp onions - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp green chilies - finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt - adjust to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil - 2 -3 tbsp for frying, 1 tbsp consumed into cutlet
- In a bowl mix almond flour, egg, paneer, onions, cilantro, green chilies, garam masala, chili powder, ginger paste, garlic paste and salt. Mix well
- Take 2 spoons of the mix and form into a ball in hand. Then flatten into a patty shape. The patty should be about 2 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick. Makes about 6 patties.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Cook on low medium flame in 3 tbsp of oil.
- OPTIONAL: Cook in Air Fryer at 400°F for 15 minutes
- You can use an Air Fryer if you want to reduce the calorie content from the oil.
How did this keto paneer cutlet recipe turn out for you? Let us know in the comments below.