These keto chocolate brownie cookies are easy to make and delicious! The cookies have a chocolate taste close to a brownie with the texture of a cookie. I swapped out the all purpose flour with almond flour, coconut flour and monk fruit sweetener. This recipe makes about 14 cookies and each cookie is about 126.2 calories with 2.1g net carbs.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission.
Making Keto Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Mix unsalted butter and monk fruit sweetener until light and fluffy with a hand mixer. The butter should be kept at room temperature. A little trick to quickly get refrigerated butter to room temperature can be accomplished with a microwave. Microwave a stick of butter in unopened original wrapper for 10 seconds and then flip over and microwave for another 10 seconds. This should get the butter down to room temperature and soft enough to mix.
Add 1 1/4th cup almond flour, 2 tbsp coconut flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract to the light and fluffy butter. Mix with hand mixer until well combined. Then use hands to knead the cookie dough into a smooth ball shaped dough.
Put the keto chocolate brownie cookie dough on parchment paper and roll into a log shape. Roll the parchment paper over the cookie dough and put in freezer for 1-2 hours. Preheat oven to 325° F about 15 minutes before ready to bake
Take out of the freezer and slice the cookie dough into 1/4 inch discs. Place the keto chocolate brownie cookie dough on silpat on top of baking tray spaced about 1 inch apart. Cook in oven at 325° F for 5 minutes and remove baking tray from oven. Flatten each cookie with a flat bottom glass. Return the baking tray with the keto chocolate brownie cookies to the oven and finish baking at 325° F for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- In a bowl mix butter and monk fruit sweetener with a hand mixer
- Mix until light and fluffy
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, salt and vanilla extract. Mix with hand mixer.
- Knead dough with hand to form smooth ball
- On parchment paper take dough and roll into a log shape
- Roll log in parchment paper and freeze for at least an hour
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Take dough out of freezer and slice the dough into 1/4 inch slices
- Place on baking tray lined with silpat or parchment paper. Keep 1 inch distance between each shortbread cookie
- Place in oven and bake at 325°F for 5 minutes and then remove from oven. Use a flat bottomed glass and press down to flatten each shortbread cookie
- Place back in over and continue baking at 325°F for another 10-12 minutes
- Excess dough can be kept wrapped in parchment paper in freezer for 2-3 months
- If kept in freezer for more than 2 hours, leave out on counter for 15 minutes before slicing
- When finished baking, let it sit out for 20-30 minutes before serving so it hardens
Let us know how the keto chocolate brownie cookie recipe worked for you and leave a comment below.