These keto shortbread cookies are easy to make and taste great! These cookies have nice buttery taste. The all purpose flour is swapped out and replaced with almond flour and coconut flour in this recipe. The sugar is replaced with monk fruit sweetener. This makes about 18-20 cookies and each cookie is about 110 calories with only 1.4g net carbs.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission.
Shortbread Cookie Dough Preparation
The first step of this recipe requires using a hand mixer to mix butter and monk fruit sweetener until light and fluffy. Then add the almond flour, coconut flour, salt and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Next, knead the dough until it is made into a smooth ball. Then we will place the dough on parchment paper and roll it into a log shape about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Then use the parchment paper and roll it to cover the cookie dough. Put the cookie dough in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
Preheat your oven to 325° F. Take the dough out of the freezer after an hour. Cut 1/4 inch slices after unwrapping the parchment paper. Place each cookie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silpat. Make sure there is about an inch space between cookies as we will be flattening them in the middle of baking.
Put the baking tray with the shortbread cookies into the oven. At about 5 minutes of baking, flatten each cookie with a flat bottom glass. Then put back in the oven and continue baking for another 10-12 minutes. We want to cook until the edges start turning slightly golden brown.
When done baking, remove from the oven and keep at room temperature. Wait for the shortbread cookies to drop down to room temperature as the cookies will be soft when they come out of the oven. This takes about 20-30 minutes. Now the keto shortbread cookies are ready to serve.
If you want to try some of my other cookies, check out my keto coconut cookies.
- In a bowl mix butter and monk fruit sweetener with a hand mixer
- Mix until light and fluffy
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, salt and vanilla extract. Mix with hand mixer.
- Knead dough with hand to form smooth ball
- On parchment paper take dough and roll into a log shape
- Roll log in parchment paper and freeze for at least an hour
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Take dough out of freezer and slice the dough into 1/4 inch slices
- Place on baking tray lined with silpat or parchment paper. Keep 1 inch distance between each shortbread cookie
- Place in oven and bake at 325°F for 5 minutes and then remove from oven. Use a flat bottomed glass and press down to flatten each shortbread cookie
- Place back in over and continue baking at 325°F for another 10-12 minutes
- Excess dough can be kept wrapped in parchment paper in freezer for 2-3 months
- If kept in freezer for more than 2 hours, leave out on counter for 15 minutes before slicing
- When finished baking, let it sit out for 20-30 minutes before serving so it hardens
Let us know how these keto shortbread cookies come out for you in the comments below.