Egg masala is a quick and easy recipe that is keto friendly. This is a dish with hard boiled eggs mixed in a spiced curry. It is a very tasty dish that goes well with many keto versions of Indian flatbreads like naan or poori. Try this with our keto garlic naan or keto poori. You can also eat this with store bought low carb tortillas. It can also be mixed in with cauliflower rice for a dish that replicates rice and egg curry.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission.
Try my flaky keto egg puff recipe. This is a delicious keto puff pastry that envelops the egg masala.
Hard Boil Eggs
Hard boil 5 eggs. When done, cut each egg in half along long axis and set aside.
Start by adding 3 tbsp of olive oil to pan on stove on medium heat. Add 1 cup chopped onions and cook until soft. Then add 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes and stir. Add 1 tsp ginger paste and 1 tsp garlic paste and stir well. Then add 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp garam masala, 2 tsp chili powder and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix well. Finally, add hard boiled egg halves that were set aside and mix with the masala.
Hard Boil Eggs
- Hard boil 5 eggs. When done, cut each egg in half along long axis. Set aside.
- Add 3 tbsp of olive oil to pan on stove on medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until soft
- Add tomatoes and stir
- Add ginger paste and garlic paste and stir
- Add turmeric, garam masala, chili powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add hard boiled egg halves that were set aside and mix with the masala.
- Can reduce onions to reduce total carb count
If you enjoyed this egg masala recipe let us know in the comments below.