The khara biscuit is a wonderful snack made with spices and is an amazing blend of sweet and spice. I had my recipe from my hometown of Mangalore, but unfortunately it consisted of all purpose flour which makes the traditional recipe carbohydrate heavy and not suitable for the keto diet. For this recipe, I swapped out the all purpose flour with almond and coconut flours and the outcome was delicious. Hope you enjoy these keto khara biscuits the next time you have your afternoon tea. Looking for something just sweet for snack time? Check out my keto coconut cookies and keto shortbread cookies.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission.
Keto Khara Biscuit
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix 1 cup of almond flour, 6 tbsp coconut flour, 2 tbsp monk fruit sweetener, 3/4 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tsp black pepper powder, 1 tbsp sesame seeds, 1 tbsp crushed cashews, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1 tbsp chopped ginger, 1 tbsp chopped green chilies, and 1/2 tbsp chopped curry leaves in a bowl. Then add 4 oz of butter and 2 tbsp of yogurt and mix well into the dough.
Roll a spoonful of dough into a 1 inch ball and place on the silpat or parchment paper on a baking tray and flatten. The keto khara biscuit size should be 1 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2 an inch thick. Then repeat until all the dough is done and I ended up with 15 biscuits. Place the baking tray in the oven and cook at 350°F for 15 minutes.
Keep butter out of refrigerator for at least 30 minutes so that it reaches room temperature
- 4 oz butter – unsalted, softened
- 1 cup almond flour
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp ginger – chopped
- 1 tbsp green chilies – chopped
- 1/2 tbsp curry leaves – chopped
- 2 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp cashews – chopped
- 2 tbsp monk fruit sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a bowl add almond flour, coconut flour, monk fruit sweetener, baking powder, salt, black pepper powder, sesame seeds, cashews, turmeric, ginger, green chilies and curry leaves. Mix well.
- Add butter and yogurt and mix well into a dough.
- Take a spoonful of dough and roll and flatten into a cookie shape and place on a silpat or parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Makes about 15 – 1 inch diameter and 1/2 inch thick cookies.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes
- Butter should be kept out for at least 30 minutes to reach room temperature
Let us know how these keto khara biscuits came out for you in the comments below.