The keto 90 second mug bread recipe is my go to recipe whenever I need bread. It is extremely versatile and can be done in less than 5 minutes. I use it for breakfast sandwiches, burgers, cold cut sandwiches, and as a hot dog bun.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission.
The recipe is extremely simple and all you need is a mug or a small bowl. Mix 3 tbsp almond powder with 1/2 tsp of baking powder. Then add 1 large egg and 1 tbsp melted butter and mix well. Then cook it in the microwave for 90 seconds. Be careful when taking out of the microwave as the bowl will be hot. Then slice in half so you can have two ends of a bun or sandwich. I love toasting it and having it with butter or cream cheese. You can pair this mug bread up with almond butter too.
Most importantly, the versatility of the mug bread comes in depending on the bowl or container used for cooking. If you use something square shaped, you can have a traditional looking sandwich. I use a rectangular container to make this into a hot dog bun by folding along the long axis or a sandwich by cutting along short axis.
- Mix the almond flour and baking powder in a mug or small bowl
- Add egg and melted butter and mix well
- Put in microwave and cook for 90 seconds
- Slice the bread in half for a sandwich or burger. Can be toasted in a toaster.
- Mix the baking soda and almond flour first so the baking powder gets well distributed
- Be careful: the bowl will be hot when done cooking in the microwave
- I use a bowl about the size of a hamburger bun to enjoy a burger
- For sandwiches I use a rectangular shaped glass container to make the bread sandwich shaped when cutting along shorter axis
- Can be used as a hot dog bun by folding along long axis
Let us know how the keto 90 second mug bread comes out for you in the comments below.