This is a delicious keto chicken pakora recipe. This is a wonderful tea time snack. It is also a great starter or appetizer. This is a quick and easy recipe that requires getting all the ingredients together and deep frying. This recipe replaces the gram (besan) flour with almond flour to provide a nice crispy coating that stays low carb and keto friendly.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission.
Traditionally pakoras are made with batter from chick pea flour and then deep fried. Onions potatoes, plantain, paneer, cauliflower or chili pepper are typical pakora ingredients. One cup of chick pea flour contains 43g of net carbs compared to 12g of net carbs in almond flour. This makes it difficult to fit the gram flour version into the macros of the keto diet, but swapping it out with almond flour makes it possible to enjoy this low carb treat. I decided to go with chicken for this keto chicken pakora recipe. If you are looking for a different ingredient version check out my keto onion pakora recipe or my keto Amritsari fish pakora.
Keto Chicken Pakora Instructions
Preheat deep fryer to 350°F. Then in a bowl add chicken, onions, green chilies, cilantro, mint leaves, curry leaves, baking powder, cumin seeds, garam masala, chili powder, turmeric, salt, ginger paste, garlic paste, and eggs. Mix well. Then add almond flour to bowl and mix well. Then set the deep fryer with oil of choice to 350° F and add keto chicken pakora and fry for 4-5 minutes. The pakoras can be deep fried on the stove top if a deep fryer is not available.
- 1 lbs chicken – cubed
- 1/2 cup onions – chopped
- 1 tbsp green chilies – chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro – chopped
- 1 tbsp mint leaves – chopped
- 5 curry leaves – chopped
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- Preheat deep fryer to 350°F
- In a bowl add chicken, onions, green chilies, cilantro, mint leaves, curry leaves, baking powder, cumin seeds, garam masala, chili powder, turmeric, salt, ginger paste, garlic paste, and eggs.
- Mix well.
- Add almond flour to bowl
- Mix well
- Set deep fryer with oil of choice to 350° F and add chicken pakora mix and fry for 4-5 minutes. Can deep fry on stove top if deep fryer not available.
- If you do not have a deep fryer can fry on stove top on medium heat.
Let us know how this keto chicken pakora recipe turns out for you in the comments below.