Paneer masala is an Indian dish of marinated paneer cheese served in a spiced gravy. This is a vegetarian dish with cubed paneer, onions and bell peppers in a curry that is stir fryed on the stove top. This is a quick and easy paneer masala stir fry recipe that can be served with keto garlic naan or keto poori.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission.
Paneer is a cream colored unsalted cheese. It is made by curdling hot milk with lemon or lime juice, vinegar, yogurt or citric acid. Paneer is firm so it does not crumble easily. It is common to find paneer in any Indian grocery store. Paneer is sometimes found in Costco and other grocery stores in the cheese section.
This is a quick and easy recipe and the outcome was amazing.
Paneer Masala Stir Fry Instructions
First, cut 6 oz of paneer, 1/4 of an onion, 1/4 of a green bell pepper and 1/4 of a red bell peppers cubed. Then put stove on medium heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Then fry the 6 oz of cubed paneer for 2 minutes, remove paneer from pan and set aside. Add 1 tbsp oil to the pan. Then add 1/2 tsp cumin and cubed onions and saute for a minute. Next add cubed green and red bell peppers and saute for 2 minutes Next, add 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp monk fruit sweetener and mix well. Then add the paneer back again and mix well. Then add 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves, 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream and mix well. Finally, add 2 tbsp coriander leaves to garnish and mix in masala.
Divide 2 tbsp olive oil into 2 x 1 tbsp. First tbsp used to fry paneer and second tbsp to saute vegetables.
- 6 oz paneer - cubed
- 1/4 green bell pepper - cubed
- 1/4 red bell pepper - cubed
- 1/4 onions - cubed
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp fenugreek leaves - dried
- 2 tsp olive oil - divided 2 x 1 tbsp
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp monk fruit sweetener
- salt - adjust to taste
- Cut paneer, onions and green and red bell peppers cubed.
- Put stove on medium heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Fry paneer for 2 minutes, remove out of pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to the pan
- Add cumin and onions and saute for a minute
- Add green and red bell peppers and saute for 2 minutes
- Add garam masala, coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric and monk fruit sweetener. Mix well.
- Add paneer that was set aside and mix well
- Add dried fenugreek leaves and heavy whipping cream. Mix Well.
- Add 2 tbsp coriander leaves to garnish and mix in masala.
- Divide 2 tbsp olive oil into 2 x 1 tbsp. First tbsp used to fry paneer and second tbsp to saute vegetables.