This is a simple recipe to make fish tikka that is inherently keto friendly. I used catfish cut in cubes for this recipe, but any other mild fish like tilapia can be used. I also cooked this in an air fryer for convenience.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission.
The marinade is simple and the fish tikka needs to be marinated for at least 30 minutes. I did not use skewers, but you can if you wish. If you do, please remember to soak the skewers for 30 minutes in water to prevent it from burning.
The process is simple. Basically mix 1 1/2 lbs catfish with 1 tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp chaat masala, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric, 1 tbsp fenugreek leaves, salt, 1 tsp ginger paste 1 tsp garlic paste, 1 tsp vinegar, 1 tbsp yogurt and 1 tsp olive oil.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Then cook the fish tikka in an air fryer for 12 minutes at 375°F. The convenience of the air fryer is that you do not have to wait for it to preheat and it cooks a bit faster. If you do not have an air fryer, you can cook this in an oven at 375°F for 16-18 minutes.
- In a bowl mix chili powder, chaat masala, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric, fenugreek leaves, ginger paste, garlic paste, salt, vinegar and yogurt. Mix well
- Add olive oil and mix well
- Add the fish and mix well and make sure marinade is well incorporated into fish cubes.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes
Air Fry Fish
- Put in Air Fryer and cook at 375°F for 12 minutes.
Let us know how the fish tikka recipe came out for you in the comments below.
Some of my other tandoori options: