Tandoori is an Indian method of cooking over a charcoal fire in a cylindrical clay oven called a tandoor. Meats cooked in the tandoor are marinated in yogurt and spices. I really enjoy tandoor inspired foods and the great thing about it is that most options naturally fits into a keto or low carb diet. I decided to share my tandoori salmon recipe.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something I may earn a commission.
For this recipe I use salmon fillets marinated in a spiced yogurt marinade and cook in the air fryer for a quick and easy method of preparation. The tandoori salmon turned out delicious and is a must try recipe.
Tandoori Salmon Marination
First, in a bowl mix 2 tbsp yogurt, 2 tsp chili powder, 2 tsp ginger paste, 2 tsp garlic paste, 2 tsp vinegar, 2 tsp chaat masala, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp crushed fenugreek leaves, 1 tsp salt (adjust to taste), 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp lime juice. Then, add 1 pound of salmon fillets and rub marinade mix into salmon. Finally, refrigerate for at least an hour so the marinade soaks into the salmon.
Cooking Tandoori Salmon
Place salmon fillets in Air Fryer and brush excess marinade sauce on top of fillets. Cook at 350°F for 15 minutes in Air Fryer.
- In a bowl mix yogurt, chili powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, vinegar, chaat masala, turmeric, crushed fenugreek leaves, salt, olive oil and lime juice.
- Add salmon fillets and rub marinade mix into salmon
- Refrigerate for at least an hour
- Place salmon fillets in Air Fryer. Brush excess marinade on the salmon.
- Put in Air Fryer, cook at 350°F for 15 minutes
Did you enjoy this tandoori salmon recipe. Let us know how it came out for you in the comments below.